As the name suggests, the Recipe Cuisines is a recipe taxonomy that can be used to categorize the recipes created based on the type of cuisine they belong to.
How to add a Recipe Cuisine? #
You can add a Recipe Cuisine via Recipes > Cuisines.
- Enter the Recipe Cuisine name and Description.
- Select a Parent Cuisine if any.
- Select the Taxonomy color.
- Upload your preferred Taxonomy Image or Taxonomy Icon.
- Click on Add New Cuisine.
How to assign a Recipe Cuisine to a Recipe? #
Once you add a Recipe Cuisine, you can assign it to a Recipe via the respective recipe editor.
- You can access the Recipe editor via Recipes > All Recipes. Then click to edit the recipe to which you want to assign the Recipe Cuisine.
- Under the Cuisines dropdown option, checkmark the Recipe Cuisine that you want to assign to the recipe.
- Click on Update.
How to create a Recipe Cuisines page? #
The Recipe Cuisines page will be the page that will list all the categories created under the Cuisines taxonomy along with the assigned recipe posts.
To create a Recipe Cuisines page,
- Visit Admin Dashboard > Pages > Add New.
- Create a page entitled ‘Recipe Cuisines’.
- Under the Template dropdown option, select the Recipe Cuisines template.
- Click on Publish.